Accomidating women ma

A: Yes, every Minnesota employer must comply with the new wage disclosure protection law in the Women's Economic Security Act.Under this law, no employer can prohibit employees from disclosing their own wages.A: Some employees may not qualify for pregnancy and parental leave under the Women's Economic Security Act.In these cases, it is recommended an employee who is retaliated against or terminated for pregnancy-related issues contact the Minnesota Department of Human Rights for possible pregnancy or sexual discrimination claims at (651) 539-1100 or 1-800-657-3704.A: If the employee has sick leave benefits available for his or her own injury or illness, the employer must allow for a reasonable period of time as may be necessary to care for the employee's relative.

accomidating women ma-34accomidating women ma-43accomidating women ma-50

A: "Family member" under this law means a child, adult child, spouse, sibling, parent, mother-in-law, father-in-law, grandchild, grandparent or step-parent.

A: Employees who believe they are entitled to leave but are not receiving the leave should contact the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry at (651) 284-5070 or 1-800-342-5354 to get more information about whether they qualify and/or to make a complaint.

Q: Who should an employee call if they believe they are being discriminated against because they are pregnant?

Q: How can an employee use their 12 weeks of pregnancy and parental leave?

A: An employee can take their 12 weeks of leave consecutively or intermittently, provided the leave begins within 12 months of the birth or adoption of a child.

The family member must be one of the relatives listed in the answer to the question above.

You must have an account to comment. Please register or login here!