8 simple rules for dating my teenage daughter dvd

6854933580_2c8b688306_z

The controversy of The President's Last Bang was being played out in the courtrooms and in the entertainment news.The collapse of the Pi Fan Film Festival was a hot topic and the hype surrounding the impending release of Another Public Enemy was overwhelming.In a year that has been lacking in unexpected discoveries, Git is an exciting find.At its rousing premiere at the Green Film Festival in Seoul, a prominent Korean film critic told me it may be the best romance Korea has ever produced.One hopes that it will be liberated from the other two segments of 1.3.6. At 70 minutes, it is a perfectly respectable length for a stand-alone feature film, and this is a movie that deserves to travel.(Darcy Paquet) There was a lot going on in the world of Korean film at the beginning of 2005.Comprising works by Jang Jin (Someone Special), Lee Young-jae (Harmonium in My Memory) and Song, 1.3.6 was intended to explore environmental themes and was slotted to open the first Green Film Festival in Seoul in late October.

8 simple rules for dating my teenage daughter dvd-128 simple rules for dating my teenage daughter dvd-23

Git (which means either a triangular flag or "feather" in Korean) is surprising in several respects.

Almost missed among all that was a quiet film directed by a virtual unknown but starring the talented Jo Seung-woo.

The media found it interesting as 'a story of human triumph' but most people seemed certain that Kang Woo-suk's feature would dominate the box office.

Git centers around a film director who, in the middle of starting his next screenplay, remembers a promise he'd made ten years earlier.

While staying on a remote southern island off Jeju-do, he and his girlfriend of the time agreed to come back and meet at the same motel exactly ten years in the future.

As an omnibus work, 1.3.6 has to be considered a failure, especially as the three films (Jang's amusing Sonagi Epilogue, Lee's poorly-received Mobius Strip, and Song's poetic Git) don't match, not just in length but in form, content, mood, style, and quality.

You must have an account to comment. Please register or login here!